Adding to my Resume

I can now officially add
the delivery of 3 healthy adorable kittens to my 
"baby catching resume"
I had a feeling Scrap was pregnant about 3 weeks ago
she had a lot of the google symptoms I had read about
then about a week later her belly popped and 
I could feel the kittens moving! 
She became so close to me in the last two weeks
She would jump on my lap and sprawl out 
so I could rub her big pregnant belly! 
Friday June 20th she was acting 
a little off, being really clingy and not eating at all. 
Scott and I laid down for bed around 10 although 
I just couldn't sleep, I guess I knew the kittens were on their way!
around 12:30 Scrap jumped into bed with us and 
snuggled up right next to me...she NEVER does this, ever. 
She has her own room and likes her space. 
I got up and flipped on the light to find that she was bleeding. 
It was time. 
I got her delivery box and set up the hall bathroom
I put her in and shut the door while I collected 
supplies I might have needed. (remember a few months back 
she had a litter that didnt make it and she needed my help) 
I was prepared for anything this time. 
I  had done my research and was beaming with excitement!
I contemplated leaving her alone so she could do her thing, 
but each time I left the bathroom she would meow and meow
until I returned. I think I made her feel more comfortable.
she contracted for about an hour, she would pace around the box
then come to me for a few head scratches then back to the box. 
at 1:37am the first kitten was born! 

 She spent a good 35-45 minutes cleaning this little one off
during that time I grabbed my pillows and blankets and make 
a small bed in the hall way. I had to be up early to take my parents 
to the airport and I knew I needed a least a few hours of sleep. 
Around 3:40 am I woke to the sound of crying kittens
She had just had the third kitten! 
the second one must have been super quite!
 Kitten 3 is a mini scrap!
Look at this cuteness!
 All three healthy and doing wonderfully!
 Mama and her babies. 
She spent the first two days hardly leaving their side. 
Monday she was back to her old self 
exploring around and eating more food 
than I can keep in her bowl!
I love this sweet picture! 
we like to call this the "superman nurse" pose!

All three kittens have homes lined up 
and will be ready to go in August! 
The orange kitten is going to 
my cousin and her two little girls in Florida!
Miss Mia was so excited when I sent her 
the first pictures of the litter!
I have an adorable video of her asking me for a kitten
and also naming the orange one :) 
Sorry it's sideways I'm not sure how to flip it!

 I am hoping they open their eyes before we leave for Florida
this weekend!!! I will be back with more pics and videos soon!


Comments

  1. they're so stinking cute! Good job assisting!! (I helped my dog deliver four pups about 8 years ago! =P )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are adorable! I'm so glad it went as it should this time!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts